A community of highly experienced and influential veterinary professionals from a broad range of sectors in Kenya have joined up with exciting Africa focussed technology company, Cojengo, to take an important step to help shape and develop Kenyan-specific diagnostic and disease surveillance tools.
The new Cojengo programme – Saving Lives with Mobile, aims to improve livestock health and treatment of diseases. The ambitious mission and journey we aim to go on is - to enable every famer in Africa to save the lives of their livestock.
To succeed in this mission our goals include:
- Increasing accessibility to smartphones and other technology
- Improving disease diagnosis in rural areas
- Helping link livestock keepers and veterinary professionals
- Increasing the volume and accuracy of disease reporting
- Creating sustainable models so we can keep on helping
Bringing together distinguished experts to form a community to create and share information and by adding the latest technology, we aim to tackle some of Kenya and East Africa’s biggest challenges.